Celebrating 200 Years of Spode Blue Italian
Increase awareness and raise the profile of Spode, the iconic tableware, gifts and homeware brand. Boost perception of Spode’s classic Blue Italian collection, promote its rich history, and support and increase sales of the range.
To develop an integrative creative campaign to work both on and offline, which has traction with traditional, older customers whilst also engaging and appealing to a younger audience.
“Wolfstar’s integrated campaign surpassed expectations, not only did brand awareness increase but it contributed to an uplift in sales too.”
Ian Davies Head of Retail Sales and Marketing Services, Portmeirion Group
As a result of Wolfstar’s focused activity Spode saw an overall increase in brand awareness for the Blue Italian collection, a significant increase in brand engagement and a rise in sales of the Blue Italian range.
- Blue Italian sales were +60.9% ahead in 2016 vs 2015
- The manufacturing video reached over three million people and secured one million views, 93k reactions, comments and shares and resulted in a 200% increase in page likes within four days, organically
- The animation video received 44k views and 200 reactions, comments and shares
- 61 credited pieces of coverage including the front page of The Times, Daily Express, House Beautiful, Mail Online, Elle Decoration, The Independent, Country Life, House & Garden, Period Ideas, Homes & Antiques, London Evening Standard, The Sentinel and Signal 1
- Influencer coverage features included Observer Food Monthly, Lavender and Lovage, Lily Vanilli
Activity included the design of a Blue Italian infographic illustrating all key dates, interesting facts and events over the past 200 years which was utilised on social media and issued to press; the creation of a Blue Italian hat which was designed by milliner Jenny Roberts and worn by influential fashion blogger, Furlong Fashion at Glorious Goodwood on ladies’ day; the creation of two films the first focusing on the manufacturing process of Blue Italian and the second, an animated video all about the life of Josiah Spode who created the design content was pitched at online publications, bloggers and featured on social media channels, blogger outreach, and a CSR campaign where employees gave 200 hours to charity.
To find out more about our work with Spode and Portmeirion email us email@example.com or call 01132737816